End of Marriage Counselling Certificate

Life doesn't always go as planned. Sometimes with the best of intentions it just doesn't work out the way that you both hoped. If divorce is the next step and if you have been married for less than two years and want to apply for divorce you must either:

1. Attend counselling with a family counsellor to discuss the possibility of reconciliation with your spouse or

2. If you have not attended counselling, seek permission of the Court to apply for a divorce.

Before you apply for a divorce, you and your spouse must attend an appointment with a counsellor to discuss the possibility of reconciliation. You can attend individually.

The Relationship Practice NSW offers this service. Once you have met with us for a this counselling session to discuss the possibility of reconciliation and this is not possible, we can provide you with a counselling certificate. This certificate is to be attached to the back of the Application for Divorce when you file it.

We are happy to discuss this with you prior to an appointment being made either via phone or email.